Any Rock Fans Out There?

majazac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im a huge fan of oldies.. here's a small list of a few of my favorites.

Old ACDC (bon scott) -- baby please dont go, riff raff, etc

Zeppelin (my favorite band of all time!!!) -- In my time of dying, when the levee breaks, heartbreaker, communication breakdown, travelling riverside blues, in the evening, the ocean, houses of the holy, poor tom, in the light... all great songs

Rush is a canadian band that actually played at my dad's high school and they have tons of good songs -- spirit of radio, tom sawyer, etc.

Jethro Tull -- Locomotive Breath is an awsome song

Tragically Hip -- '38 years old', little bones, twist my arm

CCR (kinda folk'ish rock but still relatable today :P) -- susie Q, proud mary, bad moon rising, "up around the bend" for sure.

Stevie Ray Vaughan -- Taxman

Frank Zappa -- Titties and beer, yellow snow

Deep Purple (Do not download Smoke on the Water as it is HIGHLY overplayed and gay) -- "Lazy" is the best one they do and a great rock song, as well as "Hush"

Neil Young -- Cinnimon girl, 4 Dead in Ohio (Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young)

Golden Earring -- Radar Love, Twilight Zone

Oldschool Offspring is awsome (Hit that, Special Delivery)

Personally like some of the slower Beatles tunes but dunno if thats ur thing -- A day in the life, etc

Iron Maiden -- Number of the Beast, Aces High (crazy guitar)

Nazereth -- Hair of a Dog (son of a [bleeped!]), plus they have a few others but cant remember

The Who -- cant explain, boris the spider, etc (personally i think they have the best rock drummer of all time [Keith Moon])

Black Sabbath -- War Pigs and "Black Sabbath" both great songs

etc.

I cant really think of any right now but when i get my PC back, I'll give you a list of my personal top 250 songs/artists -- since I find it hard to just type in an artist and find good songs due to the fact that most bands have a lot of shitty songs as well... I hope someone actually reads this and please post some feedback on it.

• 2 months later...

WOW...go Chronix! That is a great list!

What about Def Leopard, Scorpions, Lynard Skynard, Styx, White Snake, Warrant, Yes, REO Speedwagon :)

Oh yeah...gotta love the 80s baby!

But yeah the new stuff is pretty sweet too, Linkin Park, Metallica (not that they're THAT new), Evanescense, Simple Plan, P.O.D., Breaking Benjamin, Foo Fighters, NickelBack, Postal Service, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, The Killers, Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, etc... Now most of them are pretty Rock oriented, but I just tossed a few others in because they're good B)

I love Nirvana, metallica, linkin park, greenday and Rasmus

But I like only a few songs of linkin park, other wise it always smells like teen spirit (YO Nirvana Rocks!! :) )