Operating systems

myscrnnm

Which operating system is the best?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean that it has a better interface, reliability, features, et cetera?

btw, I voted for the Mac OS because their current one, the Mac OS X Panther, is the most sophisticated operating system in the world, and from personal experience, it definitely looks and feels like the most sophisticated operating system in the world.

No, there are actually several versions of Microsoft Windows. The most well known versions are Windows 95, 98, 2000, Millenium Edition (ME), XP, and soon, there will be Longhorn. Each one has several editions, for instance, the XP version has Home Edition, Professional, Tablet PC Edition, Media Centre Edition, 64-bit Edition, et cetera. Each one is built for different purposes. Home Edition is usually used for Word processing and other simple tasks. Professional is usually used by engineers for mobile computing. Tablet PC Edition is used in Tablet PCs, hence the name Tablet PC Edition. Media Centre Edition is used for media centres, also hence the name. 64-bit Edition is used for computers with 64-bit processors, which may have applications that can make use of the 64-bit processor.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see longhorn when it comes out. ill wait to buy a new computer until they bundle it with new ones.

It certainly looks cool. What with the three-dimensional windows and stuff. You can preview the looks with some sort of plugin. I have one that a friend gave me.