Operating systems

myscrnnm

Which operating system is the best?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in linux you can switch from gui to non gui if you want. See the things is, if you want gui, they both have it. if you want both..only linux-like systems. if you want only command line, linux works. Linux is more customizable to your needs

Thats the thing, you can! Just because a command prompt looks dull doesnt mean the OS isnt capable of more graphics intensive activities.

Really? All I knew was of a program called DOSAmp (from NullSoft) which can be used to play MP3 songs in DOS.... is there any way you can watch DVDs in a CLI environment?

PS: I'm not talking about OS-es that comes with dual flavour.

• 2 weeks later...

i like Windows XP... hey, after i intalled SP2 i got a weird security issue... Can anyone help me?

I can't open none of the things that i receive through MSN or any attached file through Outlook Express cuz WXP blocks them telling that is not safe to open. That happens with images, documents, videos, everything. What can i do?

majazac...windows always has security issues. but you have to disable the windows firewall. or change the security scale, it's in your control panel.

myscrnnm II, give us reason to switch to tiger OS. I would say that's a waste of money and time. Flexibility, options, and using windows and open source software (sometimes) are unavailable options to mac users. Web development is restricted and programming as well. You have to BUY extra software. and BUY special video cards that really suck and you have to pay premium for them.

• 1 month later...

I prefer windows cuz its more common .. it is owned by microsoft and microsoft also owns msn so they also have stuff like msn passport services and stuff installed

it is also better, popular, and easy-to-use GUI (graphical user interface ) e.g the icons and desktop and how it is designed ..