djbob being stupid

Ashoat

I have lost a lot of members of my forum since this DDoS happened! I think that there should be a simple HTML, which say that "Sorry for inconvience, we are update server's security. Please come back after 3 days!" or something like that!

It will be polite to our guess!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lost a lot of members of my forum since this DDoS happened! I think that there should be a simple HTML, which say that "Sorry for inconvience, we are update server's security. Please come back after 3 days!" or something like that!

It will be polite to our guess!

yes I think its a good idea

you can access to the Cpanel, you should write an e-mail to your users about that problem,you can copy their e-mail adresses

I did the same

Once again guys, I can't do that because it would overload our uplink and we'd end up being charged a lot (more than $1000) for the overrage.

Read the thread please.

Are user sites back up yet? I have my domain pointing to an alternate server with a down page so I don't want to point it back to HelioHost until I am sure it is up.

It says "it'll be back by monday".

Well... its tuesday.

Any more estimates for soon, or should we start to venture off towards more reliable venues?

Really? We've been online for 5 years now. You either don't understand how hard it is for anyone to deal with a DDoS attack or you just expect too much for something that you're getting for free.

Good to see the host back up. Hopefully the sites will be back up soon too! I bet [bleeped!] near everything on my wordpress needs to be updated lol. It'll be nice to not only have my site back online, but to have freshly updated plugins to play with too lol. I can't get into my cpanel still though, if that is an actual issue right now. My site is http://anonymouswebchronicle.co.cc if my issue is legit and needs to be fixed.

Don't worry, buddy. We're all in your support. Thank you being such an excellent free hosting provider! I think that we can all agree that, since this is free, we do not need to count on 100% uptime.

Hey, for us with no money to start with, it's great to be able to have something free to be able to use!

Hello,

I have some troubles with update DNS records on my own domain aztec.net.ru

into registrator's panel I recieve that message:

Вы должны указать по крайней мере два DNS-сервера,

находящихся в различных сетях класса 'C' - ОШИБКА!

in english:

you must enter two DNS-servers that stays in different networks class 'C' - ERROR!

I'm not stupid, i enter two dns

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

maybe it is result of DDoS attack? :-( My old site http://tux.int.ru not working too...

djbob , can I change my general domain name tux.int.ru with aztec.net.ru? for hosting account named HROFT? I must write you in PM?

sorry for my bad english

Great, HelioHost and HelioNet are back!

I am really relieved to see your pages up again. :)

The good news mentioned by djbob in the first post sound pretty cool!

By the way, I'd like to mention that although Stevie is (or was) experiencing heavy load, my website had a quick behaviour. ;)

Thanks a lot, djbob, and good luck fixing the DDoS attack. :)

electromoth