Another DDoS attack

Ashoat

I'm working on it. I've narrowed it down to one IP. As a result, only about 1000 accounts are down right now.

I'm going to run through a binary search to figure out the offending site. I'll let you know as soon as we've figured anything out.

HelioHost Account Queued

Ahoy! You're seeing this page because HelioHost has not gotten about to installing and configuring your account yet. This process usually takes 24 hours, and once it is complete your website should show up properly. While the account is being created we suggest taking a look at your control panel.

Thanks for choosing HelioHost! We wish you good luck with your website.

Sincerely,

The HelioHost Staff

So I guess, I'm one of the lucky guys whose accs are down?

No this means it'll take about 24 hours to get your account deamonized(created)

So you don't have an account right now, it's in the process of being created, see one of the other threads.

Lol more DDoSing? stupid skiddies.

Ehm, then I wonder what I did the whole day?

The account was already created, but now it seems to have disappered...

Files are still in my directory on the server, MySQL-DB's still there but showing 0,0MB within cPanel (PHPMyAdmin shows that there's data though)...

Oh i see...

Hrm, well perhaps the server lost your stuff? I dunno, I'm not sure this is the place to chase this up.

But here's a tip, back up regulary or whenever you make big changes.

Okay, just one last OT before getting back to business...

I was working on my site, when the DDoS started -> Unable to connect to anything here

After the server went back on -> Data's still there, but I'm getting this error, that my account would be queued when I'm trying to access it via web

This seems to be a problem related to the DDoS-Attack...

Okay, just one last OT before getting back to business...

I was working on my site, when the DDoS started -> Unable to connect to anything here

After the server went back on -> Data's still there, but I'm getting this error, that my account would be queued when I'm trying to access it via web

This seems to be a problem related to the DDoS-Attack...

Then, if it's just an error relating to the DDoS, there's not much anyone can do, in my opinion. Unless the root admin buys a super expensive firewall, and wastes $1000+ p/month. That's won't offer a guarentee. Just wait it out until the attack has finished.

djbob person.. nosey question; on average how long do the attacks last? Do the IP's have a similar stringed IP? Throughout all the recent attacks? Tell me to shut up, if I'm being too nosey.

Okay, I've identified the account getting attacked. It's "biberhapi.com". I don't know what they're about, but I'm going to quarantine that account off on the old IP and move everyone else over to a new one.

A script is currently running to perform the switch. It probably won't take more than an hour.

From 2 days ago I when I was accessing My website, I waited more than 5 minute so than the page is completely loaded. Yesterday I was accessing Helionet.org and I received an error (this might be the problem that You are talking about). Today My website loaded in only 15 seconds (not 5 minutes like 2 days ago). So I think that all Errors are Now Corrected. ;)

whooops wrong place

was meant as a replay to http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showtopic=6216

poted on wrong window >.>

I had the same problem, and needed some traceback

Used this simple script, i hope it helps others to save time

_application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

def application(environ, start_response):
   environ['PATH_INFO'] = environ['SCRIPT_NAME'] + environ['PATH_INFO']
#    return [myresp,]
   try:
       return _application(environ, start_response)
   except:
       start_response("200 OK", [("Content-type", "text/plain")])
   	tb = "Unexpected error: "+ str(sys.exc_info()[0])
   	tb = tb+"\nError was: "+str(sys.exc_info()[1])
#    	traceback.print_exc(file=sys.stdout)
   	tb = tb+"\nTraceback was: "+repr(sys.exc_info()[2])
   	tb = tb + "\n PATH was: "+str(sys.path)
   	return [tb,]

• 2 weeks later...
I just looked at a google cached copy of the site(used google translate) and it apears it is a site about some weight loss drug.

Odd isn't it - why would anyone want to DDoS what appears to be a Turkish site selling from what I can work out, peper as a weight loss drug??