Your Favorite Browser

Your Favorite Browser  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Google Chrome is the browser for me.

I was a big time Firefox user (and it is still a very close second behind Chrome). But nowadays I'm a simpler person, and all a simple person wants to do is get on the 'Net and browse...and browse quickly!

Chrome starts up quickly and is blazingly faster than any of the other browsers. I use the Adblock extension, and that's all I need.

Tony, did you select Firefox? If you did, you didn't say why you prefer it.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Firefox and/or Chrome! They are the fastest and most aesthetically pleasing browsers I have ever used. <3 IE to me, was good before it got all updated with the newer versions and stuff. I mean the old school IE, the design was more simple and it was faster. Now whenever I use it it seems so crowded to me, and its VERY laggy--soo I don't ever really use it much.

But my favorite is Google Chrome. (:

I would have to say Firefox or Swiftweasel(an optimized version of firefox). While firefox is noticeably slower than google chrome, it more than makes up for that with it's superior Addons/extensions. Plus, firefox, in my opinion, has the coolest logo of all the browsers out there.

I use Google Chrome as my primary web browser on both the Mac and PC. My backup web browsers is Firefox 3.6 on the PC, and Safari 5 on Mac. For Linux I use the default which is Firefox. As for Internet Explorer I only use that to download Google Chrome and then remove it via Programs and Features. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox is honestly the best choice in my opinion. Opera is nice, but has far too many security risks, and Chrome is rapidly advancing; although it still fails in comparison to Firefox. Maybe someday I might switch to Chrome, but not in the near future.

I use good ol' elinks on the terminal for my browsing!

No, not really. I use Chromium - I prefer FireFTP and Firebug (+ FirePHP if I'm using PHP) for my development work, but for just general browsing Chromium (the open-source project Google Chrome is based upon) is fast and lightweight, especially now with the AdBlock extension.

It does have a few stability issues, as I run the bleeding-edge releases from the PPAs on Ubuntu Karmic, and it gobbles even more memory than Firefox, but it's just quick and streamlined. I paraphrase from Molly Wood on Buzz Out Loud when I say, "Life's too short not to use Chrome."

Firefox is honestly the best choice in my opinion. Opera is nice, but has far too many security risks, and Chrome is rapidly advancing; although it still fails in comparison to Firefox. Maybe someday I might switch to Chrome, but not in the near future.

I'm curious as to what security risks you are alluding to. It's definitely not the most insecure browser (I'd believe that to be older versions of IE, given all the ActiveX vulnerabilities, but I have to admit I have no data right now to back that up), and it's definitely innovated a lot - Opera was the first browser to have tabs, etc. I used to use it back when I had dial-up a few years ago, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. (On Linux, I found it was much better than Konqueror or Mozilla at the time.)

I'm using firefox with chrome theme. :D

(in my opinion)

I like chrome on my old pc, it really fast, and it has the best debug tool I ever used for js and css.

But when I bought a new pc,

I use ff instead, because there is almost no delay between ff and chrome when I start them,

so compare with chrome , I like ff's addon adblock plus. and other powerful addon,

but chrome's debug tool is better!! (Firebug is good too, but it's not as easy as chrome's)

i have Firefox(with Chrome theme), Chrome on my pc, errr almost forget, IE 7 is here too.