Your Favorite Browser

Your Favorite Browser  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a 'fox user. Been using it for a long time and I will probably keep doing so.

Further, I use a different version of firefox too: lolifox (it's mostly dead nowadays, there's rumors for a new version, but I don't think it'll come really) I use to watch some movies when I don't feel like starting up firefox with 50+ tabs (yeah, I know it's a lot)

Internet explo(d/r)er I only use when I can't use another one. It has a number of toolbars and such which normally only annoy me, but I still need rarely.

Used chrome for a while but didn't install on my new pc due to it's auto updates (which as a developer, I don't like either)

I use Safari on OS X because it fits well with the OS itself. The biggest reason to use Safari is because on Apple's portable computers with automatic graphics switching, most 3rd party browsers trigger my dedicated card and heat up my computer and destroy my battery life (goes from 7-8 hours to 4-5 hours - bleh).

Of course, it's Apple's fault for creating such a backasswards API for CoreAnimation. Every time an application uses any CoreAnimation calls, it triggers the dedicated graphics card even though the integrated one is able to handle it just fine. Apple has of course added exceptions for Quicktime X and Safari, but developers are pretty much screwed. I use gfxcardstatus for informational purposes, but I've had many applications crash because I decided to force the integrated card so I just don't bother anymore.

Meh.

• 3 weeks later...
I am not getting any difference between chrome and firefox except the design.

Mozilla uses MOZ while Chrome/Safari uses WEBKIT. Internet Explorer just uses the default styles I think.

Recently I have made a website that looks great and works perfectly in Google Chrome. However, I made the mistake of not testing it in Internet Explorer, and when I did it looked like everything had exploded! xD I had to recode almost the entire website which was annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently switched to chrome, simply because I am using a netbook and chrome is simple, fast, and exactly what I need for portable internet. On my home computer I use Safari or Firefox.

However, I test my websites to be compatible with most modern browsers.