Your Favorite Browser

Your Favorite Browser  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Microsoft launched website " YourBrowserMatters " to test the Browser Security.

When you visit the site, it will automatically displays the score out of 4.

IE9 scored 4 out of 4. Firefox=2 ,chrome=2.5.

Check now:

http://www.yourbrowsermatters.org/

If you want to know how the scoring system works, then visit:

http://www.ehackingnews.com/2011/10/your-b...e-to-check.html

That's a great idea. I'm thinking Ford could benefit from this idea. Just think about it: Smart roads! Ford contracts out to build all the roads in the world and makes them smart roads. If anyone drives on their roads in a car/truck that isn't built by Ford the road tells them that their car/truck is worthless.

Microsoft telling me that any browser made by any company other than Microsoft is worthless makes just as much sense. :blink:

Microsoft launched website " YourBrowserMatters " to test the Browser Security.

When you visit the site, it will automatically displays the score out of 4.

IE9 scored 4 out of 4. Firefox=2 ,chrome=2.5.

Check now:

http://www.yourbrowsermatters.org/

If you want to know how the scoring system works, then visit:

http://www.ehackingnews.com/2011/10/your-b...e-to-check.html

That's just Microsoft trying to make IE9 look like the best. :P But I know that Chrome is much more secure - and faster - than IE9. Sorry Microsoft, but you didn't get me in your little trick. I can't use IE9 because:

1) It says "disable add ons to speed up browsing time" - um, whats the point of add ons if you have to disable them? Chrome never makes you do this - I have over 30 add ons / extensions and it never slows up.

2) It messes up Facebook and other websites sometimes

3) It has a number of bugs that I'm not willing to deal with

4) A lot of CSS3 isn't working in IE9 on my site for some reason

IE9 is okay, but I prefer Chrome over all.

• 1 month later...

Have tried Opera, Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox, Chrome, IE and some others I cannot remember. Most sites are built for the big two FF and IE with slightly more being written for IE. Oh I guess there is also the MAC browser...Safari?

I have abandoned all the fringe browsers and have gone back to IE as my main. I am not sticking with something just because it is sticking it to the man or is cool with the techie guys.

Lately (and you can read about this on their website) FireFox has become a memory hog and has a larger foot print than even IE. Having a small footprint was one of the major features of FF, without that its just another wanna be. The FF site does say they are trying to fix the problem in the next release. We'll see.

All the other Java based browsers may be fast but they lack in site compatibility, features and user friendliness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer Firefox, firefox was excellent until it became unstable and crashed commonly, I migrated to Chrome which was true that is was excellently fast, but it's support for my features were not met in my production environment and even certain add-ons, so I went back to Firefox as Mozilla released it's 9.0 it seemed to be stable for me again.