Your Favorite Browser

Your Favorite Browser  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Doom to all those who "love" IE

I'm 100% with you there Geoff. =)

Personally i've never liked Chrome. I've got nothing really against it, I just prefered the sheer amount of add-ons I had with Firefox.

But when I came across Opera I fell in love. Moslty just for the ability to easily look up any coding on a website I liked the looks of. :wub: The ability to grab pictures and videos even when people tried to stop me was a big selling point as well. =P

But just for general surfing I still use firefox as I've never had any problems with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Mozilla Firefox, it's fast, got many plug-ins and it can be used with any platform (almost).

But i must say that i was really disappointed when i found out that the only Android phone that it does not run on, is HTC Hero, the phone i own :-(

But Chrome is good to, its simple and fast.

I has never ever used Safari. I have never like Apple's attempt to become a monopoly...

Opera is really fast to, but not all sites works with Opera...

• 3 weeks later...
Firefox is honestly the best choice in my opinion. Opera is nice, but has far too many security risks, and Chrome is rapidly advancing; although it still fails in comparison to Firefox. Maybe someday I might switch to Chrome, but not in the near future.

What!? Opera has had by far the least known security issues of any browser:

Compare this:

http://secunia.com/advisories/product/33328/?task=statistics

To this:

https://secunia.com/advisories/product/2869...task=statistics

Now don't get me wrong, Mozilla does more frequently disclose vulnerability info- but the difference is pretty staggering. Opera has always been faster and more secure than firefox.

Hell the only thing firefox has ever *really* had going for it has been "Not being internet explorer" and "extensions"- aside from that it's been fairly mediocre.

Now to be fair, all other browsers now also have extensions- and it does look like Firefox is sort of going the right direction with 4.0 as well (Mostly in terms of not being disastrously slow).

Lately I have been using Firefox and Chrome equally. Though I do not really have a favorite, they all have holes in their respective rendering. Some large commercial sites will not render properly in either and I have to fall back on IE. I have stopped using Opera and Safari all together, they do not offer anything different that you can not get from other other browsers and frankly having Bonjour sucking up resources int the back on MS platform is just annoying.

I use Opera 9.62 .

Of course I may change it for the latest one but do not.

It is not too comfortable but fast and has a lot of features. I had found one site (on Dec. 2010.) which did not support Opera because the javascript codes of the site. I do not like such sites, so not problem. Maxthon is also has good enough speed.

I tested several older and latest browsers (but did not test Chrome, Safari) for my php/html scripts :

SUSE Linux 9.0 (only for html forms): Amaya, Galeon, Mozilla, Opera, Epiphany, Konqueror

for full test on XP (XAMPP) : Avant Browser 10.2, Mozilla 1.5, Opera 7.0, ~ 8.0.2, ~ 9.62, Netscape 7.0, Maxthon 1.6.7,

Firefox 3.0.3, Seamonkey 2.0.11, IE 6.0, Flock 2.5.2

Maybe the best for show a pretty site design is Firefox. And obviously one of the worsts for this is Opera.

(The pages in the latest Konqueror versions /Linux/ also look good.)

But it is not important for me.

For example on my hobby site to watch the pages I recommend these browsers :

Maxthon 1.6.7 or later, IE6.0 or later, Opera 9.62 or later

Because the most important is for me about my pages is the page zoom.

Chrome is definitely the most speedy, good-looking browser, so I use it.

It has a simple layout without any extra toolbars, buttons, settings, etc. The tabs are even implemented right at the top instead of the Google Chrome title, and all the tools are on one simple toolbar below that. The search box is the same as the web address box, meaning that it is very easy to use.

It saves my history and the tabs I close automatically without slowing down.

The only downside of Google Chrome is that it is unable to read RSS feeds or XML documents.

Here's my list of favorite browsers:

1st Google Chrome

2nd Mozilla Firefox

3rd Apple Safari

4th Opera

5th Internet Explorer

Doom to all those who "love" IE

:lol: Yeah. It's still a good browser, but the people who use IE don't know the capabilities and improvements in other browsers. IE is slow, incompatible, and can sometimes be a nightmare.