Psp vs DS

chrisc

Okay, if the PSP is made so much better than the DS, then why is the DS able to take more punishment? And really, the PSP costs more than it seems. For instance, if you want to watch a movie on it, you have to buy it, and it can't be a movie you already own, Next, the games are about $50 as opposed to the DS's $20-$30. Then you have to buy Memory Sticks for your PSP. And drop it, and you don't have a prayer of it surviving. Overall, you spend a whole lot more for something thats a whole lot more breakable. If you're rich, that price doesn't mean anything, but to most consumers, $120 is alot, and then the other costs add even more. Also, you could get 2 DS's for only $10 more than a PSP. Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if sony was actually loosing money per PSP sold, and yet the DS ends up a better value.

About the game selection, the DS has alot more games, although some of them do use the touch screen as a "gimmick" (whack-a-mole), alot use it to it's real potential. The reason why most console games don't go onto the DS is that the DS has 2 Processors to work around, and 2 screens. You have to almost remake the game to get it to work efficiently. However, with the PSP, they don't have to add extra features, just reduce the Texture quality, Poly count, effects, etc. Might have minimal trouble with the PSP having less buttons, but basically it's just making it compatible with a PS1 equivilent. It's cheaper. However, making a game from scratch is actually easier on the DS than the PSP, and it's more fun. :P

Also be aware if it wasn't for the Gameboy, the PSP wouldn't ever exist, and although the PSP was originally developed to compete with the gameboy, it can't. There is no scratching the power of the Gameboy Market. They had to go after Nintendo's new line of Portable systems(made to combat the PSP, and it's doing a helluva job). In that battle, at first glance it looks as if the PSP is gonna win, but the DS is outselling the PSP on a vast scale. More people are happy with their DSes than PSPs, too.

Also, didn't you say you only play GT? If that's the case, why do you even care about those other games?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard for the PSP's superiority to be obvious when the DS is outselling it.

Gameclaw_268: Image Removed for extremely excessive profanity, and avoiding word filters. See below.

Message after filtering is:

First of all, [bleeped!] the [bleeped!] DS! Second of all, [bleeped!] you, you [bleeped!] [bleeped!] [bleeped!]!

Edited by GameClaw_268

oh my ****ing god, he's lost it. anyway, what most people have said recently about the handhelds and which you should buy is this:

PSP: if you like sports games, cause is got good sports games but has pretty much stunk in everything else

GBA:role-playing games. not alot else to do in 2d nowadays

DS:everything else. the sports games on it suck, but it's still got a good line-up in other categories.

now everybody's happy but myscrnnm who's gunna yell at me in a minute.

Myscrnnm, you should be aware of the Following Rule:

-Excessive use of profanity or bad language

Bob: F*** you!!!

Especially when you continually violate it. This is the second time we've gone through this myscrnnm, I count 6 violations of that one rule in your post. You only need 5 for a permanent ban. I'm sorry, you've had a second chance, and a third chance, and a 4th chance. Even though I knew this would happen again. I'm sorry, KC isn't gonna save you this time. I have no choice but to permanantly ban you, and any aditional accounts you may make.

This may be a prime example of being a bigot and a [butt]hole, but we will not tollerate put downs on this matter. Pretend it never happened, or you will be spamming up the boards. Thank you for your time.