Prolonged Downtime

Ashoat

In return, thanks for your nothing.

WOW these people are harsh! Thanks for fixing the server! And my aspx pages are back up. BTW It is very unprofessional to own a free webisite on a sub domain for you business! If you lose clients then pay for you own domain and stop complaining.

Thanks again djbob

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In comparison to HelioHost's main rivals, X10Hosting, their beating them in figures.

Bandwidth on HelioHost is 2,500, while on X10Hosting it's 1000.

Email Accounts on HelioHost is Unlimited, while on X10Hosting it's 5.

MySQL Databases on HelioHost is Unlimited, while on X10Hosting it's 3.

It may be free, but it's amazing for a free web hosting.

And, it's the ONLY free web host (that doesn't look like a 1999 website) that supports ASP.NET!

Thanks, djbob for fixing the server also. One of the outcomes of that down time was two cPanels! So that means that if one was going slow, I switched to the other one!! :lol:

(If you don't know what I'm talking about: stevie.heliohost.org:2082 and heliohost.org:2082)

-JJE

I agree with the section of the users that supports HelioNet. It is free, and it is great. If you want to pay to be able shout abuse at the host, by all means do so.

djbob and other: "Thanks. And thanks for fixing."

I'm glad to see you guys are working on a new host server - for a free webhost you are definately not amateurs.

@ those who are complaining... shame on you, if you complain about something you get for free, you really don't understand the concept of free stuff, do you... you should be grateful that djbob offers us this service free of charge, and given that the money does come out of djbob's back pocket... i'd stop complaining if i were you.

thanks djbob for your time, and ignore the critics, they have no right to say anything.

you need to have two servers to minimize the load...

As soon as our new server (Charlie) is up and running, we'll have HelioHost and HelioNet on an isolated virtual machine.

Heliohost is going to have 2 virtual machines balancing the load out. This is a free service, so it would be too expensive to get two actual servers.

you need to have two servers to minimize the load...

As soon as our new server (Charlie) is up and running, we'll have HelioHost and HelioNet on an isolated virtual machine.

Heliohost is going to have 2 virtual machines balancing the load out. This is a free service, so it would be too expensive to get two actual servers.

Actually, the plan is to get two servers with multiple VMs on each.

I have one week left to login into cpanel or my account will be deleted. I've been trying for a couple weeks, but it keeps timing out. Any chance an admin could ensure my account stays active?

User: beebs93

Thanks!

I've reactivated your account.

I have one week left to login into cpanel or my account will be deleted. I've been trying for a couple weeks, but it keeps timing out. Any chance an admin could ensure my account stays active?

User: beebs93

Thanks!

I've reactivated your account.

Much appreciated! Thank you! :D

I Just registered and it sounds like you have alot of problems with your hosting. :|

You really do need to get another server to minimize the load a bit.

I hope this turns out well and my blog isn't down too much. :|

Nice attitude. :|

As I was really busy at the time and frustrated with MyBB I just wasn't exactly in the mood to have spent 10 minutes to register to find that out.

Sorry if my attitude was a little out of line, I was just stressed out because MyBB's jQuery stuff was not working at all. And its one of those problems which after you fix makes you feel like a complete idiot too. I had included jQuery twice. :P

---

Edit: Also, your signature showed the server was under high load so that also added to my frustration of just finding that out.

Just thought I would let you guys know--

Heliohost seemed to be down for me very early this morning (about 1AM Eastern Standard Time), and it was also down for a proxy that was located in North Carolina (I live in Massachusetts), but it wasn't down on another proxy (located somewhere else in the USA).

This didn't really affect me in anyway, but I thought it might be important--you never know.

And according to the FAQ, you're supposed to read two articles if you think the hosting is bad. It never tells you to post in an announcement thread >.>. Seriously, if you expect a free hosting service (a popular service which is frequented by thousands of people, no less) to have 99% uptime, then you're crazy. If you want that kind of uptime, pay $10 a month for paid hosting. But I wouldn't expect you to get the support and community that you can get here.

A free hosting company isn't considered "professional", so if you're expecting everything about the service to be professional (including a high uptime rate), then you need to find a different hosting company.

Nonetheless, this hosting works out perfectly for me.

Cheers.

~Derek