DNS Help

Tony M

I have one domain and I am hosting the same website contents at Heliohost and at another hosting company, If I directed My domain to the nameservers of Heliohost and the other hosting at the same time, does the domain work correctly? And if in this situation the Heliohost is in downtime, does My domain will still working with the other host? (Djbob might know the answer of this) :)

I have one domain and I am hosting the same website contents at Heliohost and at another hosting company, If I directed My domain to the nameservers of Heliohost and the other hosting at the same time, does the domain work correctly?

Sure. I suggest taking a look here (even though this is designed to be done with A records on 1 set of name servers, not two): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_robin_DNS

And if in this situation the Heliohost is in downtime, does My domain will still working with the other host? (Djbob might know the answer of this) :)

Nope. Because all that is happening is the DNS is cycling and could care less what is actually happening with the server they are sending the user to. To truly do what you say above you would need a VPS or dedicated server where you can run a CRON job every minute or two. This CRON job checks all your servers to see if they are online, if they are, they leave the DNS records alone. If one server doesn't respond properly, it removes it from the list. The problem here is with DNS caching. The way companies like Google do it, is they have dedicated "load balancing" hardware where they point their website to one spot and then that spot decides which web server is actually going to handle the request.