[Solved] Email sent to Gmail is bouncing back

cdspace

I've tried sending emails from my domain addresses, both from inside the webmail, and via smtp. I can send emails between accounts, and to yahoo, and receive emails from anywhere, but anytime I try to send an email to a gmail address, it comes back saying "No Such User Here". I really need to know why this might be happening, and if there's anything I'm doing wrong that might be causing it. I'm setting up a service related site, and very much need to be able to use these addresses to send emails anywhere. Let me know what other info you might need, and thanks a million in advance.

Domain : cdspace.co.cc

heliohost UN : cdspace

concerned email addresses : tutoring@cdspace.co.cc, tutormaster@cdspace.co.cc

Also, I'm thinking it might something with heliohost itself, as I never got my validation email for these forums. When I switched my address to a yahoo address, the validation came through right away. Perhaps it's related, perhaps not.

Remember that there is also another alternative - if HelioHost efforts for being unblocked will fail - to use different service for email.

You can configure your DNS records to use HelioHost for your website and some other chosen service for your email (ie. Google Apps or whatever else). I don't know if you can manage your MX records on HelioHost nameservers (cPanel does have such option, but might be blocked or not) but in a case you can not you can always use different namservers and configure everything on it.

If you do need help with DNS configuration - after you'll decide for such step and choose a service to handle your email - I'm ready to help.

I don't know if you can manage your MX records on HelioHost nameservers (cPanel does have such option, but might be blocked or not)

Yes, you can configure your DNS records under CPanel >> Domains >> Advanced DNS zone editor.

Djbob is not that mean ;)

Also, I would recommend GMX for the other mail server because:

1. They are free

2. They offer SMTP/IMAP

3. they do not require SSL (might cause config problems)

Also, I would recommend GMX for the other mail server because:

1. They are free

2. They offer SMTP/IMAP

3. they do not require SSL (might cause config problems)

Could you please tell me how to configure it?

(P.S.: If this post doesn't fall in the purview of this thread, then kindly move it to questions section)

I had the same problem so I followed your directions, and this is what I get:

Warning: include_once(Net/SMTP.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/lib/php/Mail/smtp.php on line 348

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Net/SMTP.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/lib/php/Mail/smtp.php on line 348

Fatal error: Class 'Net_SMTP' not found in /usr/lib/php/Mail/smtp.php on line 349

See Here

For that to work, you will need to LOG IN TO YOUR CPANEL FIRST.

Then, simply click the link below (make sure that it opens in the same browser that you logged into CP with)

And here is the PEAR pack you will need

And then, your all set!

• 3 weeks later...

You might try reinstalling the PEAR pack, if it still does not work, then the PEAR pack is faulty. You will need to talk to one of the admins about that.

• 2 weeks later...

We're not actually on the Gmail spam list, as far as I know... but I can see that Gmail messages are dropping. I'll look into this.

I'm able to deliver messages to Gmail using a standard web SMTP client. However, I am unable to set a Gmail address as my "default address".

Where exactly are you guys having trouble?

Ermm... I have no idea. What client are you using? One of the webmail apps?

No I'm just using a script to connect to sendmail as a test mail. It's always went through in the past:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use CGI;
$sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t';
$recipient = 'me@gmail.com';
$sender = 'byron@byrondallas.heliohost.org';
$mail_body = 'Test Email';

open(MAIL, "|$sendmail -oi -t") or die "Can't open pipe to $sendmail: $!\n";
print MAIL "To: $recipient\n";
print MAIL "From: $sender\n";
print MAIL "Subject: Test Mail\n\n";
print MAIL "$mail_body";
close(MAIL) or die "Can't close pipe to $sendmail: $!\n";
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
exit;

Likewise with php mail:

<?php
mail(bla, bla, bla);
?>

---------------

I just went to my cpanel Squirrel mail and tried to send an email to yahoo and gmail and got this message returned:

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

550 Verification failed for <byron@byrondallas.heliohost.org>

Unrouteable address

Sender verify failed

I also have a Contact Form on my site that uses the cgimail through cpanel and it gets bounced back also.

Seems I'm getting an error if I try sending to my heliohost account.

Failure Notice

Fri Dec 3rd, 2010 7:54 AM EST

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<byron@byrondallas.heliohost.org>:

Remote host said: 550 Unrouteable address [RCPT_TO]

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Received: from [98.139.91.61] by nm25.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.comwith NNFMP; 03 Dec 2010 12:54:30 -0000

Received: from [98.139.91.11] by tm1.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.comwith NNFMP; 03 Dec 2010 12:54:30 -0000

Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1011.mail.sp2.yahoo.comwith NNFMP; 03 Dec 2010 12:54:30 -0000

X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3

X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 661225.28433.bm@omp1011.mail.sp2.yahoo.com

Received: (qmail 67079 invoked by uid 60001); 3 Dec 2010 12:54:30 -0000

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1291380869; bh=ZYNxy/wCNjPWfdfoGf0W0AtdaEWfWQOFnHZEmJBrEtg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=agEJLgfWx9peJnwTlRtIb+/i+g2G/bYjs7jtJ46Eb+/BZJVMcq3cpBQBuqn9w98wPkDWsV1p34/tJcAF/MvbiVVvR9OhtYCIrUyZAu1IpK9UAKbH0qkD32I5b1fdbfv9MDkSJTwHOT7PITpQDLYEqqQI70idhYSlLsMHx91k+vc=

DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;

s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=T+cEm5xyVnbuwXMKb0KU50+GPpCwq+Tbnn1nEXGS21pDIZO/T7i1o8E33iXCcFpjwj5pjFtfnAB8BNdPWJ7jCigfltIAI4lDhzA8MC0MZoS5mPoiyQwFqPqTarqoPfYh5lyDgeqFbHUS7MeWoLCu

fvgctWyBy4un5DjQ9wRE/m8=;

Message-ID: <917171.67051.qm@web110406.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>

X-YMail-OSG: b30o2R0VM1lmPDFKoaiaV91EtsMFcCXKzIzD2Psd95po9w7

L32J6lfizliAOuHgrTVukGbmtXLx4WQ.0wm5Q9iHvn.Klu.pipTZB9eYJK6E

JSRppyxmuzOGweShkZHB68CAhgPKiqPSYpY60DiNEFudPHQ2zTzMWbDuW.jJ

XEB5p9AWk3gffDzmm5lRIWFiACnSELPo6LnWshPWEA1AVIAlvL4EPMO_P7QH

RboXKOcDRGwzVPumOoDhAz76rweD5yMNrYaJQe71idwvEgpSefw--

Received: from [209.240.206.193] by web110406.mail.gq1.yahoo.comvia HTTP; Fri, 03 Dec 2010 04:54:29 PST

X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.107.285259

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:54:29 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Checking

To: byron@byrondallas.heliohost.org

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Just Checking