Site Uptime

lappy512

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying it was probly a coincidence and could be the only time its down all month.

How can you say that?! We all know that before this thing was set up that the site was down a lot. If you want a good site, you need a server that is up virtually 100% of the time. And by virtually, I mean excluding accidents. I mean, what if Yahoo!, Google, MSN, or some other frequented site had a downtime of just .01%?! People are at those sites like almost every second of every day. And besides, it was for several hours that the Helionet was down, almost a whole day.

I'm sorry, but the bandwidth of this site is probably .0000001% of that of MSN. i dont value it nearly as much.

accidents happen. i can remember many times when KL was down.

just deal with it. no host is perfect. and it was several hours. less than twelve. you only checked once during that period i believe.

I'm sorry, but the bandwidth of this site is probably .0000001% of that of MSN. i dont value it nearly as much.

accidents happen. i can remember many times when KL was down.

just deal with it. no host is perfect. and it was several hours. less than twelve. you only checked once during that period i believe.

No, actually, I checked for like at least five times during that one period! And there has to be a perfect host, I mean, Yahoo! and A9 have never failed me, and from the looks of it, no one else either.

• 3 weeks later...

losta downtime give djbob free hosting ;) I think thats the way we should keep it, 99.8% uptime would be great, and Ironic. I think there are ways that the big G with lots of O's won't let us talk about that we could make him money too, and then get a good host... and it would also be nice if djbob could convert a buck into like, 100 points, then people could pay $2.50 a month for hosting too. Not that I would, but it might help...

ARRRRRRGHHH!!!

I HATE THIS!!!! (not the host)

but people who dont understand the slighetst bit about hosting!

be thankful you have this host!

it is free!

its alot better than some others!

why did you choose free hosting.... because you cant buy hosting right!

djbob got us all this stuff for free and all you can think to do is cry that it was down!

handleing a host is not just

but a server

give out free stuff

NO!

theres alot more to it!

managing the bandwidth, paying bills, and making sure all kinds of different things are working!

im sorry, it just upsets me when people talk about stuff they dont understand and/or cant handle. and its free!!!

I know what you mean, but putting a few random jokes in there doesn't mean I think its easy. I am trying to help people find ways to get him money though, so it doesn't go down like the last 4 post for hosting sites I went to did. One thing he could do is require ads on very active sites that get near the BW limit, which would get him some $$$