Awesome news!

Ashoat

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys! this much service must cost a fair amount of money. how do you make up for that anyways. you just give away everything for free. even there are no ads.

well how much total space is dedicated to helio services now? earlier it was 1 tb. is it the same or increased? what so ever, the service you provide is mind blowing.

Hey dJ! you deserve compliments man! can you just tell one thing. as per your rules, you measure the cpu usage. whats the maximum, i can do within that constraint? just give me a quick example and not the mathematical data. for ex - can i host complete facebook on your servers? if not then for how many users, a facebook type site i can keep there???

Basically, if your account alone makes the server load go over 50, then we will suspend your account.

However, often times the server load goes over 50, with a combination of factors.

This is just a rough estimate, though.

You definitely can't host Facebook. We don't really have any hard mathematical data, as most of this stuff is done holistically. I'd say that if your account is using around 25% of our resources then we'll suspend it.

FaceBook is one website hosted on one server.

HelioHost has 22,000 websites hosted on one server.

No No, it can't be. Facebook must be using more than one servers. Thats a huge community and it can't run that smooth from just a single server. Once helio grows, dj will have to add more servers too and that in different parts of the world and synched with one another in order to maintain the speed and reliability. For ex - what if hard disk of cody crashes. Then all the 22000 sites will be destroyed in a moment, as well as the reputation of helio.

Ooops - okay:

FaceBook is one website hosted on 50,000 servers.

HelioHost has 22,000 websites hosted on one server.

But my point is that just 1 website is hosted on 50,000 servers, while HelioHost has 22,000 websites on 1 server, meaning that it would be very impossible to host something like FaceBook.

-------------------------------------------------------------

For ex - what if hard disk of cody crashes. Then all the 22000 sites will be destroyed in a moment, as well as the reputation of helio.

Actually, just incase this happens, we recommend everyone keeps a backup of their site.

Don't put too much pressure on djbob!! :lol:

Once helio grows, dj will have to add more servers too and that in different parts of the world and synched with one another in order to maintain the speed and reliability.

Not sure if djbob will be able to get servers in different parts of the world, as he only has access to one data center.

Servers are very expensive; they range from around $200 per month (per server).

If djbob had 2 servers with that price, djbob would have to pay $5,000 every year!

-------------------------------------------------------------

@manish_kvs : I have moved your post to a new topic in the Contact HelioNet forum.