broadband , cable or dialup .. wich do u prefer?

My only gripe with cable is that the router get's screwey sometimes and the connection goes down to below a kilo/s. Reset the router and it's back up to 54Mb/s. Have to do that every other frickin day...

I'd rather jam a spoon up my arse and leave it there than go back to dial-up.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where i live, is not cheap, but is acessible. I have ADSL 1MB thanks LORD and will NEVER having the option to swith back to dial-up... God forbids me to have to come back... is SOOOOOO slow. I wouldn't have the pacience anymore. I can't even stand a slower broadband witouth gettin impacient

yea rite... once u use a faster connection the slower connection seems pretty irritating... nowadays I just don't use the net if I have to use dialup

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I use broadband (1MB/sec) connection most of the time, but I can't run my own webserver as my IP changes each time I reconnect (as its over ADSL 2+).

The fixed IP one costs really a lot.

As for dial-up till a few years back I used to surf by its means but is was slow very slow

Well Broadband is actually a very broad term starting from 256Kb/s to 40Mb/s.

In general ppl in India have broadband over phone ie ADSL 2+.

Moreover DSL is the most popular type of broadband connection because its a lot cheaper when compared to V-SAT link or T1+ connections (although the latter are very fast)