broadband , cable or dialup .. wich do u prefer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

wer i liv .. yu get a 100kilobit connection for around 1500 (broadband) and ma cuzin from america get like connection in mbs..

i wish der was sum new technology tht allowed faster data transfer.. well i got a magazine in wich itz there tht ppl are almost complete with new technology allowing wireless data transfer much quicker in the ratio 1 : 15

• 4 weeks later...

Right i would definently prefer adsl2+ because u can get speeds of 24mbit down and 3mbit up. At the moment i have 1.5mbit down and 256kbit up.

There is a very big difference to kilo bytes per second and kilo bits per second for example 256kbps means kilo bits per second. This can be really complex for people who dont know a thing about what i am talking about, but what i am trying to say is if your connection speed is 256kbps then you probobaly will only get a max of 25 kilo bytes per second download speed.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, did you people hear about the new wifi device, really good, the other wifis transfer speeds are about 11 mbps in tht range and this ones is around 180mbps but da thing is that its really costly

but still, in some time, wireless internet would be more famous so I would just get it then

• 1 month later...

Dialup is a dead technology where the infrastructure allows for anything else.

DSL is a great idea, and has very low latency, but is highly dependent upon where you are in your neighbourhood (your distance to the access concentrator). Turns out I'm screwed in this house, the AC is too far away and I can't get anything above 2MB/s. So I'm probably going to go to cable, even if they say that it slows down during peak activity periods, it seems to have been much more reliable in general (based on my experience). At least in Ontario.