New nameserver

Ashoat

Hi everyone,

I've set up a new virtual server (Cody) on Charlie that is going to function as our nameserver (and also the host for mission-critical websites, but I'll set that up later). After syncing all the DNS records from Stevie, I've moved the records for ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org to point to Cody's IPs.

Hopefully, we shouldn't have any trouble. The DNS records should propagate over the next two days, and that point we'll be sure everything worked out. Once that happens I can disable the nameservers on Stevie, which should decrease server load and improve service reliability.

Thanks,

djbob

Great news! I'm sure this will provide users with a much more stable hosting experience! :)

Just one question: Will the progatation process affect any of the current websites hosted on HelioHost?

Thanks, djbob! :D

Since the zones have been synced between Stevie and Cody, and since all changes to Stevie are set to update Cody, my understanding is that no changes should occur to any HelioHost accounts.

• 2 months later...

I am a new customer and am really happy for the chance to sign up for a free account with as many features as a paid hosting.

I registered my own domain, www.gabrielcanepa.com.ar, and set its DNS to:

ns1.heliohost.org 64.62.211.133

ns2.heliohost.org 64.62.211.134

That information has already been accepted by Network Information Argentina (in charge of domain registrations and delegations), as shown in the following image.

But my site isn't available yet. What could be the cause?

(PS: In the signup process, I chose Johnny)

Thanks in advance!