Filezilla failing to connect to FTP

khallows

:wacko:

Been trying to access FTP with filezilla.

My details:

HOST:stevie.heliohost.org

USERNAME:khallows

Password: (I know I'm writing the correct password)

Port: 21

I keep on getting this error:

Response: 500 I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.4 (only to 96.241.149.105)

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I'm very sad :( and I need help. Net2FTP works but Filezilla doesn't. I really need to connect to FTP. What's the problem?

Also where do I upload my files? Public_html?

-Thanks

I get the same error when trying the host:

handmadebyerika.heliohost.org

ftp.stevie.heliohost.org gave me this error:

Resolving address of ftp.stevie.heliohost.org
Status:    Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
Error:    Could not connect to server
Status:    Delaying connection for 1 second due to previously failed connection attempt...
Status:    Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
Status:    Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Error:    Connection attempt interrupted by user
Status:    Delaying connection for 2 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Status:    Delaying connection for 1 second due to previously failed connection attempt...

While ftp.handmadebyerika.heliohost.org gave me the same error as before.

Response:    500 I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.4 (only to 96.241.149.105)
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Since it works on Net2FTP I figure I shouldn't waste your guys time. It's probably an error on my part. I'm going to delete Filezilla and all the preference files, and reinstall it. If it still doesn't work I'll post back here.

Byron what are the "vti" folders in Public_HTML for?

ftp.stevie.heliohost.org gave me this error:

Resolving address of ftp.stevie.heliohost.org
Status:    Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Error:    Connection attempt interrupted by user
Status:    Delaying connection for 2 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

While ftp.handmadebyerika.heliohost.org gave me the same error as before.

Response:    500 I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.4 (only to 96.241.149.105)

Since it works on Net2FTP I figure I shouldn't waste your guys time. It's probably an error on my part. I'm going to delete Filezilla and all the preference files, and reinstall it. If it still doesn't work I'll post back here.

I just realized the

error is something about my external IP address. I had the option to ask my operating system for the IP address and I'll bet it was giving it the wrong one.

Woops sorry I quoted the same thing twice. I clicked reply but somehow it got quoted twice.

Those are Frontpage Extension folders. If your not using Frontpage, then go to your cpanel and look for the Frontpage Extension link and click on "Uninstall" and that will remove all of those folders.

w00t!!! I fixed it. FTP mode on active, and the IP address Filezilla wanted. Yey!!!

And JalPro thanks for your music. :D I listened to http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/249828 while pulling my hair out and fixing it :D

Those are Frontpage Extension folders. If your not using Frontpage, then go to your cpanel and look for the Frontpage Extension link and click on "Uninstall" and that will remove all of those folders.

Hey I'm a bit clogged right now with school work, my personal site, and a client's site; but whenever I get the time I think I'll host an ultimate guide to HelioHost.org on Heliohost.org. I really like this community and the service is better then any other on the net(So is the support). It's unbelievable that this service is free. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait until that guide. I figure I'll make a HelioWiki.

I'm still baffled as to why the support and service is better then BlueHost or Godaddy. ???