[Solved] Account queued

stergos

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once again stevie is down and we all too. Please at least when is happen this remove the ads and make sure to not say that "Ahoy! You're seeing this page because HelioHost has not gotten about to installing and configuring your account yet."

Create a page to explain to our visitors why is happening this and drive them to come buck later not showing that our account is the problem!!!

Also the cache is problem too because some visitors when they try to come back after some hours do not know that they have to clear their cache.

So every time is happens this it's a huge problem!!!

@djbob: implementing this?

@3dready: 000webhost makes profit. They're practically a paid host. We don't/aren't.

We've already been over this. I have no idea why the cache issue is occurring, and there's no way to change the page. If anyone knows how to truly prevent browsers from caching, I'd love to hear it.

(...) If anyone knows how to truly prevent browsers from caching, I'd love to hear it.

I'm not sure what is the "cache problem" in here, but I use something like this:

header('Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 00:00:00 GMT'); // date in the past
header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0');
header('Pragma: no-cache');

Of course if in such cases like above mentioned redirection takes a place - such headers have to be sent with the redirection "page", not with the landing page where visitors are redirected to. If redirection is done with .htaccess or with some other method (not with PHP script) - I don't know how to attach these headers, unfortunatelly.

(...) If anyone knows how to truly prevent browsers from caching, I'd love to hear it.

I'm not sure what is the "cache problem" in here, but I use something like this:

header('Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 00:00:00 GMT'); // date in the past
header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0');
header('Pragma: no-cache');

Of course if in such cases like above mentioned redirection takes a place - such headers have to be sent with the redirection "page", not with the landing page where visitors are redirected to. If redirection is done with .htaccess or with some other method (not with PHP script) - I don't know how to attach these headers, unfortunatelly.

If you're using Chrome, take a look at view-source:http://65.19.143.3/. We're using the same headers, but as HTML meta http-equivs.