[Solved] Johnny Hacked

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be up now. The hackers seem to have replaced random files with their HTML page, so I'm not sure but that might have happened to you guys too. If it did... sorry, but we have no backups.

We have now added extra security on both servers - this shouldn't happen again.

We don't think any viruses were unleashes in the hack (as I have scanned my computer thru AVG twice now). We have also removed a link posted by PokeNerd which McAfee reported as a Browser Exploit and Phishing/Scam.

@djbob - Our websites are working now, but cPanel is now showing the hacker's page.

dear heliohost admin, yesterday i register to johnny server (asp.net enabled server) but after waiting for 24 hours my account finnaly activate. after I log in by entering my username & password my welcome page was "you are hacked by iranians hacked" please slved this problem. I beg you..

the details of my account are :

username : pepeleme

domain : designforlife.heliohost.org

please Help me...

Regards,

This has been fixed (mostly). ;)

Please don't create new threads about the matter - there are plenty that have already been created. Therefore, I am closing this thread.

Everything look's fine again except PhpMyAdmin and WebMail. I really feel good as I haven't lost any single file! Only my index file was replaced. But I've solved it already.

I have a question. My site is running using PHP and MySql. As Jonny hacked, is there any chance that any of my cPanel, MySql database password has been hacked? Should I change all my passwords again??

As far as we know, MySQL Databases have not been compromised.

However, just to be on the safe side, you might want to change your password (even though I think they are encrypted).

TO DJBOB, guys, u r doing a great job!! Thanks again.

I have one request to u. Pls check carefully your Jonny server again for any types of virus, malware, keylogger or other scripts that can harm your server or can spy on your server. jje has informed that the server has been checked twice by AVG. That's good. But I think you should do it again by other engine like Kaspersky cause I've used AVG, Avira, Norton 360, Avast, BitDefender (total security), Comodo, F-Secure, McAfee. But only Kaspersky has satisfied me. And still now I am using it (internet Security) in my home and office PCs. And believe me, for last 15 months I didn't have to install my operating system again. Please don't think that I am advertising their product.

Another suggestion for you, please find out actually what happened to Jonny. Hope Jonny will have up to date renowned firewall, DDos protection, antivirus etc. Thanks again :D