[Solved] Johnny Hacked

@djbob as you are the root admin of Jonny server, I hope you will say something about present situation and give us some idea of your upcoming plan about fixing everything. This might be helpful for other members currently using Jonny server :)

I think I might move on to Stevie. :/

You told that you were talking to the hacker. Did you find anything about his/her intention or anything that might help the administrators?

How can I backup my database? cPanel seems in deep trouble :P

One more thing @djbob, I know you are trying a lot to fix the problems of Jonny. But try to understand one thing, its security system has already breached. Now it has only 2000 accounts. It's the perfect time for you to setup this server again from the very beginning. This will give it a brand new server, right? But if you don't like this suggestion, then you'll never sure about everything of it, right? Who knows, the hacker may be able to attack again in near future. I am sure you won't like to give them the opportunity to crack Jonny again :)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Geoff
You told that you were talking to the hacker. Did you find anything about his/her intention or anything that might help the administrators?

Right now we are keeping this confidential so that the problem doesn't worsen. We will post the details in the news forum after we have patched the security hole.

How can I backup my database? cPanel seems in deep trouble

You can use phpMyAdmin or SQLBuddy to make a backup. And yes, cpanel does not have a good track record with security.

Guest Geoff
Has all malicious code been purged from the system, or are there some services that I should avoid using for now?

You should be able to use all services now. Please back up your data, though. We will need a few more days to verify that johnny is completely safe.

hey,

iv'e been reading all these posts and it says its all fixed but when i look at my webpage it still says hacked by: BHG

can anyone please help to get get my old webpage back before Johnny was hacked?

Websitename: FantasyX.Heliohost.org

cPanel username: bman

thanks in advance :)

bman....

@wenmi01 - Looks like your site is working now? I am seeing...

<HTML> 
  <BODY> 
    <CENTER>Hosted by heliohost.org</CENTER> 
  </BODY> 
</HTML>

@bman - The hacker replaced your index.php file with their own Hacker's Page. You need to login to your cPanel File Manager and edit or delete index.php .

(...) We will need a few more days to verify that johnny is completely safe.

I know you can login into cPanel, anyway, but I'm hope you're also aware that johnny.heliohost.org:2082 page does not contain login fields. Just saying for a case you missed this.

Please fix my Heliohost hosting service under Johnny

On

aprime.heliohost.org

I have "HighgateTemplate.htm"

But this is not displayed on the cPanel

Also, the box on the left on the cPanel displays the cgi-bin etc under public_html, however when clicked nothing opens up on the box on the right. It's just small and displays nothing at all

Please fix this if you can, or reset the account

If that is not possible, just remove the domain under my email and host name so I can sign up again.

Please reply if you do either of those, so I know what is going on. I hope to hear back from the support admins.

Stuff that needs fixing

Webmail showing blank page

Form not appearing on login page.

I thought we didn't offer Fantastico anymore?

Huh? Is that directed towards me?

I'm not talking about the Webmail.

I thought this thread was regarding Johnny getting hacked

I've still got sideaffects from it

Is it really that hard to reset my account? I can't upload anything