[Solved] Internal Server Error

7thsage

My site has been down all day, can't log into cpanel either. I get a page saying internal server error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@weatheredsouls.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.2 Python/2.4.3 Server at weatheredsouls.com Port 80

This has been like this since at least 3pm(now 10:30 and no change) and I don't see anything anyone else posted so is it just my site? oh my site is weatheredsouls.com, which is on stevie I do believe.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I am trying to create an upload bar so that members of a group can upload files from home. When I try to upload something, it returns a 500 Internal Server Error and the file does not save.

username: iceitsup

domain: gamemaker.cw.cm

path: /home/iceitsup/public_html/Other/GameMaker/

My phpBB forum stopped working too with the Internal Server Error (www.molecular-imaging.co.cc/forum).

It worked few hours ago...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@molecular-imaging.co.cc and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.4.3 Server at www.molecular-imaging.co.cc Port 80

We apologise for the recent high server load. When more users move to Johnny, the server load should be evened out on both servers. ;)

Any user is entitled to request a move to Johnny by following the instructions at http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showforum=72

The server load is accessible in the top right corner of HelioNet, and is best when it is below 20.00

The server load is accessible in the top right corner of HelioNet, and is best when it is below 20.00
I read the disclaimer about the stability/instability of Johnny, and I think I'll brave it on Stevie for now. ;)

What's confusing is that .html files are served almost instantaneously--and .pl files give Error 500, also instantaneously. Currently, Stevie is 10.47, so maybe it's not the server but something I broke on my account?

.html files are easy for the server to process, as the server only has to give the browser the original code and the browser processes it. However, other files have to be processed at the server end (PHP, PL, etc), causing more stress for the server.

Another reason of 500 Internal Server Errors is a programming error, either in the file itself or the .htaccess file.