7thsage

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Geoff

He is not the only one having this problem.

There is also a thread in website management & coding w/ this problem.

Guest Geoff
What was the problem, I'm curious? Was it something I could have caused/fixed?

It's cpanel's fault. We've had this problem before, there is nothing we can do.

Basically, cPanel spawns off a bunch of processes to support the web disk feature and since we limit the number of processes each user can run, it ends up preventing any new processes from spawning to support CGI scripts.

Basically, cPanel spawns off a bunch of processes to support the web disk feature and since we limit the number of processes each user can run, it ends up preventing any new processes from spawning to support CGI scripts.

Uh-oh, I think it broke again... Or maybe I DoS'ed the server by re-loading my script? :(

If I opt out of WebDisk [if that's even possible], would things get better?

@olego: I'm seeing your site just fine.

@iceitsup: I'm seeing your site fine too. If you have a script that's returning 500 errors you need to check your Error log file at your cpanel for errors.

@olego: I'm seeing your site just fine.
I just opened http://www.olego.com/footer.pl in Firefox (so that I know there's no caching), and I'm seeing that Error 500. It's also shown in the Error log: "[sun Apr 17 11:09:51 2011] [error] [client 71.231.177.252] unable to include "/footer.pl" in parsed file /home/olego/public_html/index.shtml"

(Clicking [upload] on IceITSup's site, http://iceitsupport.cw.cm/Other/GameMaker/form2email.pl, also shows 500.)