[Solved] Stevie slow to load php

KratosPC

I haven't noticed too much of an improvement sad to say. :(

wrong

for 10 hours straight after the reboot all was really great not evan 1 error about time out.

after 10 hours something happened and its start to be lagi again .

according to this time everything go smooth for past 5 hours.

Maybe it was great for you for 10 hours straight but it wasn't for me. Always speak for yourself and never accuse other people of being wrong unless you know for sure your 100% right.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was great for you for 10 hours straight but it wasn't for me. Always speak for yourself and never accuse other people of being wrong unless you know for sure your 100% right.

sorry m8 i didn't want to accuse you with anything , i just tried to help to give time line for lag problem.

i will never reply again in here .

again sorry and have a nice day

sorry m8 i didn't want to accuse you with anything , i just tried to help to give time line for lag problem.

i will never reply again in here .

again sorry and have a nice day

That's ok and please don't stop replying. We really appreciate your input, just be a little more careful in how you reply. :)

Hmm... my guess is that this issue is due to some problems on the hard drive, as that's the only thing that could have gotten some issues due to the power failure. My next idea at this point is to reboot and force a corrective fsck on boot, which will probably take most of a day. Do you guys think that I ought to try that?

If that's what you think it will take then go for it. I really hate to see us down for any length of time but it looks like we don't have any choice. Just post about it in the News with a 24 hour notice maybe.

Hmm... my guess is that this issue is due to some problems on the hard drive, as that's the only thing that could have gotten some issues due to the power failure. My next idea at this point is to reboot and force a corrective fsck on boot, which will probably take most of a day. Do you guys think that I ought to try that?

i think every one can wait another day we are already a week with that issue . do what ever you need to do because its Annoying to refresh pages every 5-10 minutes, its not good to the server & not easy to work on the site/ftp/cpanel.

i wish you a week with Blessings .

After the reboot it has become better for me, though still unpredictable and more timeouts than usual. Looks to be getting slower with time..

The increase in speed may also simply be due to low weekend traffic. Might expect it to spike back up come Monday.

I agree with byron, just give us a heads up so we know not to plan any coding sessions if you're going to fix the linux system files.

It looks like that indeed it may be related to some hard drive problem.

Since more than 3 hours the waiting time for the response from the server is fast with no delays. The websites on it are missing, though, so it may suggest that the hard disk drive has been unmounted (or whatever else technically) for the time of the corrective fsck mentioned by djbob - if this is what just has been started by him. If not, then anyway this shows the possible correlation.

By the way - thank you for using my HelioHost Server Monitor, I'm happy if it's at least a little bit useful. : )

Actually, djbob hasn't issued an fsck yet. He wanted to ask us whether we thought it was a good idea first.

If the server is still running slowly, then please let us know and djbob will run the fsck on Stevie. This would mean 24 hours downtime for Stevie.

Actually, djbob hasn't issued an fsck yet. He wanted to ask us whether we thought it was a good idea first.

If the server is still running slowly, then please let us know and djbob will run the fsck on Stevie.

Even just within five minutes of the time stamp on this post I have seen a few freezes. It's rather bizarre because before the power outage you could tell that sometimes there was server load because everything would slow down a bit, but it was a consistent slowness. If the load was really high each server request would take a few seconds, but it was a normal kind of slowness.

Now what I have seen is everything will run really fast and snappy for quite a while. Maybe even hours at a time, and then all of a sudden stevie will have a hiccup or something and I will get 15+ second freezes. Sometimes a little info will trickle through, such as half a page will load, and then it will freeze again right away. After some random amount of time of freezes like that something will snap and everything will load really quick and snappy again.

I have no idea what the issue could be because I can't see if the cpu is spiking or the network traffic is capping out or tons of packets start getting lost or what the deal is exactly. I can only try (and probably fail mostly) to describe what I have been seeing on my end.

This would mean 24 hours downtime for Stevie.

It might be worth it if there is a chance of fixing these issues.

Hopefully my input might be useful to someone in diagnosing this issue.

If the server is still running slowly, then please let us know and djbob will run the fsck on Stevie. This would mean 24 hours downtime for Stevie.

lets get over with it , server really in unstable condition (sometimes he work like he should sometimes not ). what we waiting for?

Now what I have seen is everything will run really fast and snappy for quite a while. Maybe even hours at a time, and then all of a sudden stevie will have a hiccup or something and I will get 15+ second freezes. Sometimes a little info will trickle through, such as half a page will load, and then it will freeze again right away. After some random amount of time of freezes like that something will snap and everything will load really quick and snappy again.

This is pretty accurate for my site. For short bursts it will seem like Stevie is smooth as butter, but then it will be followed by a few hours of half page loads and timeouts. Inconsistent is the word that comes to mind.

Right now it is much smoother than it has been over the past few days, but every so often I'll get a half-loaded page or a timeout. If I refresh it will load the page up properly.

Looking at the monitor for Stevie, it looks like it's been pretty green since the reboot, with a few spikes here and there. What is interesting to note is this how different a read out today looks to, say, anytime in April.

Example:

April Read out: http://grd.net.pl/heliohost/monitor/archive/?2011-04-15

May pre-power out: http://grd.net.pl/heliohost/monitor/archive/?2011-05-05

May power out: http://grd.net.pl/heliohost/monitor/archive/?2011-05-06

May post power out: http://grd.net.pl/heliohost/monitor/archive/?2011-05-07

May last week: http://grd.net.pl/heliohost/monitor/archive/?2011-05-12

Something funky definitely happened during that outage that seems to correlate with response times in Stevie. Look at the April read out and you'll see how green (fast) the connections were.

Your call, djbob. Have no idea what could be up. Hopefully nothing hardware related.

I'll keep an eye on my site and see if it gets better or worse in the coming days.