[Solved] Is Stevie more satable than Johnny?

A. Sanny

Okay.. I have registered a Johnny account, thinking that I would use an ASP.NET forum. But at the end, I decided to use phpBB!

So I was wondering if I can move to Stevie because my users can hardly browse my forum. Is it really true that Johnny's support of ASP.NET cause instability to the server? I only use a php forum so apparently I don't need all other Johnny's features. The question is: Is it good to move to Stevie or it wouldn't be different?

And finally, thank you for your free service. I hope I didn't bother you asking in a wrong manner or place.

Okay.. I have registered a Johnny account, thinking that I would use an ASP.NET forum. But at the end, I decided to use phpBB!

So I was wondering if I can move to Stevie because my users can hardly browse my forum. Is it really true that Johnny's support of ASP.NET cause instability to the server? I only use a php forum so apparently I don't need all other Johnny's features. The question is: Is it good to move to Stevie or it wouldn't be different?

Eventually Stevie will definitely be more stable. If you really only plan to use PHP, apache, mysql, and the basic stuff like that it will pay off in the long run to be on Stevie.

Right now Stevie is having weird issues because of the power outage and there are still tons of accounts on him that can sometimes slow him down, but as time goes by the account number will continue to drop as people migrate to Johnny who need the services he provides.

I am sticking with Stevie because he will be more stable eventually, but the last few days have been rather rough.

If you are only going to use phpBB, you should consider switching to Stevie. Johnny has general instability because of its extra features. As Krydos said, Stevie is currently experiencing odd outages and slowness, this will soon be resolved. You can, however, remain on Johnny if you would like.

For instructions to switch to Stevie, see http://wiki.helionet.org/wiki/Moving_your_account

Hello again, thank you for your replies.

Perhaps it's better to try; after all my forum still in the beginning. I'm going to switch my account to Stevie, just need to search for some instructions for backing up my current files in the best way.

Within cPanel there is a 'Backup Wizard', where you will be guided through the backing up process. If I were you, I would backup your 'Home Directory' and not a 'Full Backup', as we have to manually restore a full backup which will take longer and is more complex.

If you use MySQL, then login to phpMyAdmin via cPanel and choose 'Export'. When you wish to restore, choose 'Import'.

Thank you jje for you help. I've just backed up my home directory and my database, and then I went to this page where I typed my cPanel username and password. After that I was redirected to an empty page! Here is the link where I went to, and it was on that wiki page cl58tools provided:

http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/delete.php

I tried to log in through your homepage to my cPanel account, and it said 'Login Attempt Failed!'. Is this a sign for my account being deleted?

Wha is the username of the account are you trying to delete?

The script cl58tools posted only works for new accounts and does not provide ETAs for deleted accounts. ;)

Thanks jje.

UPDATE: I received this email declaring an error:

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Sorry, a DNS entry for asanny.heliohost.org already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)

------------

So, what's wrong? If it has something related to a .co.cc domain, I already cleared its records and pointed to redirect to my blogger account the day I requested for account deletion.

Hello again, still stuck here!

When I go to asanny.heliohost.org I see "HelioHost Account Queued" message. I did wait for 24 hours but I can't log in the cPanel nor I can register for a new account with the same domain either.

So, what's the problem?

UPDATE: Has anyone, by any chance, taken my account over ? Is this why I can't log in the cPanel?