Xbox to Xbox Media Center in 30 minutes

I saw my friend running Xbox Media Center. I was shocked and amazed and couldn't stop myself from asking how he managed to do this. He said by modding his old XboX.

I decided to do the same and googled for a guide and finally found a guide that makes it all clear and easy.

WARNING: Attempting to modify your Xbox is done at your own risk as it is possible to damage your console through the steps outlined in this guide.

How to Go from Xbox to Xbox Media Center in 30 minutes

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
dude, this sound cool. I might try it. May I ask what the purpose of Xbox Media Center is?

Ok, there are numerous reasons to upgrade to XBMC. 1) You can back up your games to your hard drive, even if you don't upgrade the hard drive (I have 250 gigs :D). When you back the games up to your hard drive you remove the DVD to CPU bottle neck. The first time you play a backed up game on your Xbox you'll swear your playing a different game; the graphics are so much better. 2) You can play just about any movie type on the Xbox - AVI, MPG4(don't quote me), divx, etc. 3) The downloadable scripts let you put a youtube interface on the Xbox so you watch iptv from it. 4) If you are in to arcade emulations...aside from a full mame arcade cabinet you can make your xbox a dedicated arcade machine; Mameox will let you play ROMs on your Xbox. There are also nes, snes, n64, and just about every other emulator out there specifically for the Xbox. I am sure there are more things you can do with XBMC, but these as you can tell are things I love doing on my soft-moded Xbox.

PS.

If you soft-mod you can NOT go on to xbox-live, you would be banned.

Hope this helps,

Darkwolf2054