Free Will.???

Free Will.???  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do believe that we have free will, but of-course that is always to a certain extent. Many people may say that we don't because of the many influences. Well, I have this to say, are those "influences" just influence or are they forcing you to do something? Influences can be something like this example:

Your significant other walks up to you, and hints at you that she would like some flowers. When you get to the store, you notice something for the same price, that you feel that you absolutely have to have (whatever it may be). Now here's your problem, you only have $12, and both the flowers and your gotta have item is $10.99. This is where the influence sets in. Your partner influences you so you can make her happy, and you may get some lovin' from them if you do it. INFLUENCE. Your item, your feel is practically staring at you, and calling your name. INFLUENCE. No person, is holding any form of weapon to you, telling you to GET THE FLOWERS. FORCE.

All of us have our separate choices that we have to make, and are influenced, no matter how severely influenced that may be. Some of these severe influences may come off that it may be a "need". The only thing on free will, is the equal and opposite reaction. If you make a bad choice, something in return will happen to you, such as being arrested. Everything is an influence, morals, police, friends, neighbors, etc... The only thing, is in our mind, what do we make them out to be?

I do believe that we have free will, but of-course that is always to a certain extent.

Many people may say that we don't because of the many influences. Well, I have this to say, are those "influences" just influence or are they forcing you to do something? Influences can be something like this example:

Your significant other walks up to you, and hints at you that she would like some flowers. When you get to the store, you notice something for the same price, that you feel that you absolutely have to have (whatever it may be). Now here's your problem, you only have $12, and both the flowers and your gotta have item is $10.99. This is where the influence sets in. Your partner influences you so you can make her happy, and you may get some lovin' from them if you do it. INFLUENCE. Your item, your feel is practically staring at you, and calling your name. INFLUENCE. No person, is holding any form of weapon to you, telling you to GET THE FLOWERS. FORCE.

All of us have our separate choices that we have to make, and are influenced, no matter how severely influenced that may be. Some of these severe influences may come off that it may be a "need". The only thing on free will, is the equal and opposite reaction. If you make a bad choice, something in return will happen to you, such as being arrested. Everything is an influence, morals, police, friends, neighbors, etc... The only thing, is in our mind, what do we make them out to be?

So in you'r story... was the influences ignored... or did the influences determin the choise that was made.???

...especially through advertising, every choice we make is heavily influenced by someone or something, we have the freedom and choice to do whatever we please.

Can you give an esample of a free will choise you have made.???

I wanted to use HelioHost which sparked my desire to join HelioNet because HelioNet is made to complement HelioHost.

Yes... thats the chain of events which led you to do esactly what you did... an all the while... you was under the illusion of free will... ie... it seemed to "you"... that ther was a "you" who was actualy in charge of you'r actions.!!!

An after you read this reply... ther will be no free will reaction on you'r part... you will respond esactly as you are influenced to respond.!!!

I guess its a concept beyond Human understanding ...

We do have freewill yet some things are determined :)

All we can do is use the tools we have... an the bes way i know of to understan ourselfs an the universe in which we live is by usin the scientific method... so what do you base the concept "that we do have free will" on.???

I wanted to use HelioHost which sparked my desire to join HelioNet because HelioNet is made to complement HelioHost.

Yes... thats the chain of events which led you to do esactly what you did... an all the while... you was under the illusion of free will... ie... it seemed to "you"... that ther was a "you" who was actualy in charge of you'r actions.!!!

An after you read this reply... ther will be no free will reaction on you'r part... you will respond esactly as you are influenced to respond.!!!

Both the "chain of events" as you call it and my decision to reply are not influenced. If I didn't want to respond, I wouldn't. There was no one telling me to reply to this, but I did.

Both the "chain of events" as you call it and my decision to reply are not influenced.

If I didn't want to respond, I wouldn't. There was no one telling me to reply to this, but I did.

Sinse you clame ther wasnt a chain of events that influenced you to respond... why did you respond.???

Sinse you clame ther wasnt a chain of events that influenced you to respond... why did you respond.???

There was a chain of events, but the entire chain was all my decision with no one else's influence, thereby making it free will.

So you say... an yet... the fact that i started this thred was the beginin of the chain of events which has led you to doin esactly what you'r doin now (readin my post)... an that jus dont square-up wit you'r clame that you have not been influenced by others... yes.???