What Do You Think About Islam ?

To me... a jugmental creator/God woud be a monster.!!!

I worked wit a guy from Jordan... in highschool it was manditory that he study the Koran... he did not enjoy the class at all an was makin poor grades... he was told by som holey-guy that if his grades did not improve that he woud have to take the class agan the nest year... an he was so bummed-out at the prospect of havin to spend anuther year studyin the Koran... that he put all his effort into makin good grades so he woud pass the course... well... his grades becam so good... that som holey-guy was pressurin him to also becom som sort of holely-man... an the thouts of that was quite terrifyin to him... but his dad said not to wory about it... that he woud be able to choose somptin else for his carear... an soom after high school he cam to America... an was teechin economics at a college after he quit the job whare we worked together.!!!

He missed his dad but not the religous pressure he was under in Jordan.!!!

I'm a Muslim, i know what ISLAM is, its the real way of life, Many people have misconceptions

about Islam, that it is some new religion founded by Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), no its not correct, it is the same religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus (peace be upon them all). some religious practices or laws might differ from one prophet to another BUT the basic message is the same that GOD is ONE and HE Alone Deserves to be Worshipped, Every Prophet preached that message and Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was the last and Final Messenger sent by GOD.

Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) hasn't been sent as a prophet for only Arabs or Muslims he is the Messenger for the whole of Human Kind.

Believe me guys if you are a Muslim You get that inner peace and strength which you won't

find anywhere else. You will find purpose of your creation.

Just visit any of your local Mosque and feel the atmosphere there particularly at times of prayers. I Hope Any one of you will try to know about ISLAM.

Peace be on you

Regards

Edited by cl58
Deleted duplicate text.

Guest Geoff
EDIT: Wait, are you referring to me or this thread?

I was referring to you.

It wasn't intended to be, but if you consider it spam you can go ahead and delete that comment.

I don't like to be a pighead, imposing my will on others. I find that some forums will censor comments without any apparent reason; I try to be more democratic.

Now that you mention it, your connotation is kind of humorous.

...i know what ISLAM is"

"it is the same religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses"

I will asume that you'r version of

"religion" has a hell... an if so... how does anyone deserve hell for behavin in the defective way they was created.???

"the basic message is the same that GOD is ONE and HE Alone Deserves to be

Worshipped"

Why does "God" deserve to be worshipped.???

Yes... what hapens to people who dont reject false worship.???

~Pasture Timmy

A-Man.TTT

Thats for God to decide :) We have been told that people who realize the truth & yet reject it due to there own desires are going to be punished by God :) People who are sincere and good will be rewarded by Him :)

Let's try to keep this debate civilized, or I'll close this thread.

oK... how about this:::

To me... a jugmental creator/God doesnt make sinse... because us humans behave the way we was created to behave... ie... "flawed".!!!

Let's try to keep this debate civilized, or I'll close this thread.

I hope you don't :) I'm quite enjoying it :)

To me... a jugmental creator/God doesnt make sinse... because us humans behave the way we was created to behave... ie... "flawed".!!!

Well, I can speak only for Islam :)

Muslims believe that all Human beings have been granted freewill by Allah/God to chose what they want to do :) The creator created you & you should follow him :) The choice is yours to make if you do good, you will be rewarded :) If not ... then you will be punished :) Allah/God says in the Qur'an,

وَقُلِ الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّكُمْ فَمَن شَاء فَلْيُؤْمِن وَمَن شَاء فَلْيَكْفُرْ إِنَّا أَعْتَدْنَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ نَارًا أَحَاطَ بِهِمْ سُرَادِقُهَا وَإِن يَسْتَغِيثُوا يُغَاثُوا بِمَاء كَالْمُهْلِ يَشْوِي الْوُجُوهَ بِئْسَ الشَّرَابُ وَسَاءتْ مُرْتَفَقًا

Qur'an 18:29

Abdullah Yusuf Ali Translation - Say, "The truth is from your Lord": Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it): for the wrong-doers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like melted brass, that will scald their faces, how dreadful the drink! How uncomfortable a couch to recline on!

Sahih International Translaion - And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.

Furthermore, if the creator did not judge than that would bring equal the good & the bad :) What greater evil could there be than to consider good & bad equal ? Think of it :) If a murderer was not put in hell & treated the same way as a pious doctor who saves the lives of others, would it not be injustice ? Would it not be evil ?

Also by calling a creator who is judgmental a monster, you are indirectly calling a huge number of people monsters :) Does not every parent create ( though of course in a lesser degree than God ) ? Do parents not judge their children ?

Any more questions ? :)

Why does "God" deserve to be worshipped.???

We worship for it is indeed the purpose of our creation :)

Allah says in the Qur'an,

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ

Qur'an 51:56

Abdullah Yusuf Ali Translation - I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.

Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall Translation - I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.

Sahih International Translation - And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.

The Arabic term for worship is 'ibadah (عبادة) :)

It is usually translated as "worship" though is used in the Islamic context to mean ultimate obedience, the ultimate submission, and the ultimate humility to Allah (God) along with the ultimate love for Him.