Which looks better windows or Linux???

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way a real comparison between both operating systems can be made is when you compare them [without prejudice] when there are no 'super duper', flashy, shiny skins installed - just the standard skin. Windows would win for sure then, especially Vista. Both OS's have customizable skins (Windows having to use WindowBlinds), so that won't really help either in a comparison.

Linux is more customizable than Windows though, so I guess that eventually it'd make Linux the winner in that...

The only way a real comparison between both operating systems can be made is when you compare them [without prejudice] when there are no 'super duper', flashy, shiny skins installed - just the standard skin. Windows would win for sure then, especially Vista. Both OS's have customizable skins (Windows having to use WindowBlinds), so that won't really help either in a comparison.

Linux is more customizable than Windows though, so I guess that eventually it'd make Linux the winner in that...

Depends on the distro. OpenSUSE has a pretty flashy KDE skin preinstalled, along with the Vista start-menu ripoff and Beryl.

Well, I had ubuntu, and just couldnt grasp the idea of how to install programs and [bleeped!] like that. So, I will just stay with what I am used to... WINDOWS *even though it suck large monkey dic*s

And that's why Windows still controls the vast majority of the marketshare. A Google search or a search on the Ubuntu forums would of told you that all you have to do is open Synaptic (a program), pick a program you want to install, and install it. If it's an install script, you just go along with what it says.

They don't agree with me that WITHOUT the use of any software like windowsblinds or object dock, Linux can actually look better than windows.

well obviously because WINDOWSblinds is made for windows...but w/e you see in linux is software too... -_-

• 2 weeks later...
Windows Vista looks extremely good at the first site. After a couple of days your eyes will get bored and uncomfortable of the contrasts ...

Linux looks simply good.

If Tiger OS X was in the game I would definitely vote for it.

Ehehe, yeah, Tiger OS X is major eye-candy. That's why I customised my PC to resemble it :)

I used FlyAKiteOSX to make my PC look like a Mac =D

• 1 month later...