Mision Impossible III

Prashant

I saw MI1, and like it.... rather loved it.... the scene whether he catches the sweat drop to avoid been caught...awesome....

Then came the stylish MI2, not better than the first, but enjoyable for its style, fast paced action scenes, and cool bike sequences....

And now MI3, just had the chance to watch it, and liked it... dont know why it was not a big hit at the US box office..... alright, i admit it had a few glitches here and there...

Tech / Crew details :

Release Date: May 5, 2006

Studio: Paramount Pictures

Director: J.J. Abrams

Screenwriter: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, J.J. Abrams

Starring: Tom Cruise, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ving Rhames, Laurence Fishburne, Billy Crudup, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Keri Russell, Maggie Q

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of frenetic violence & menace, disturbing images & some sensuality)

Official Website: MissionImpossible.com

PLOT

It never gets better than this... what complaint i had regarding MI series was that somewhere in between the plot slows down, which i do not like for a movie of this high propotions, and MI3 live up to the challenge.... Absolute pacy, with no jerks, you kindda love it for the fact that it hardly let you get ur eyes off (bad luck if you go to watch it with your girlfriend), Agent Ethan Hunt delivers actions better than ever, faster than ever, and thriller than ever.....The testosterone levels are all amped up.

Ethan now has a normal life with a sweet ordinary nurse-girlfriend, Julia (Michelle Monaghan), he is also tougher and meaner. It all starts with the engagement party, when he gets a call. His star pupil, Lindsey Ferris (Keri Russell) has been held by Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman). MIF’s operations manager Musgrave (Billy Crudup) asks Hunt to join his former team in an “Unauthorized - Don’t Tell Brassel (Laurence Fishburne) - Mission: Freeing Ferris." Ethan reunites with Luther Stickell (Ving Rhames) and new characters Declan (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and Zhen (Maggie Q) to carry out the mission, in disguise for a business trip (as told to her wife).

Davian is not to be toyed with. He implants time-release explosives in his victim’s brains. You die – no options. So does Ferris, and they learn it the hard way.... This pumps up Ethan's adranaline.... Fed up by brassel's remarks about his lack of skills among other things, ethan plans to kidnap davian straight away, and he does, that too right inside the vatican city, in a party.

What follows afterwards is dismal, MIF has a mole who help davian get off before returning to the base, moreover ethan's wife is kidnap (yes, he gets married finally), and now they demand a mysterios thing worth 850 million dollars called rabbit's foot. What it is dont ask...?? I dont know. How he saves his wife and himself is also not to be revealed. Who is the mole ???? Go watch the movie.....

THE HIGHS

The chopper scene and highway chase – with Hunt being thrown against a car are terrific. Apart from that, a lots of other things makes me glue to the sit like.....The identity-switching mask, the reality-shifting stunts, Hunt-Flying-On-A-Wire trick etc.

THE LOWS

Plots runs a bit sketchy, and is dragged, but streamlined continous actions makes for it...... Although i still need to know what the rabbit's foot is...????... Also how the hell did hunt stole it (no describtion given).....

BEST SCENE

1. HIGHWAY SCENE WHERE HUNT IS TRYING TO OREVENT DAVIAN'S EACAPE....

2. WHEN HUNTS JUMPS FROM THE BILDING WITH PARACHUTE AFTER STEALING RABBIT'S FOOT... FOLLOWED BY A BRUTAL CAR CHASE....

MUSIC

The famous M:I theme music is used too sparingly, but it has been toughened up.

IN A NUTSHELL

Stylish agent who dares anything.... Fast pace... keeping you on the edge of the seat.... Awesome stunts at glamorous locations..... All makes up for the slightly sketchy script and any other flaws.....

So go and watch it.... do reply your views on it....... BTW THIS REVIEW WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS.......

AGENT SUPERNOVA SIGNING OFF.... BYE BYE

I love the movie. I'm a big fan of MI movies and even bigger of JJ Abrams. I mean, if you watch LOST you'll be at home...

I used to watch LOST till last year, but the series is getting repetitive and for this reason I now watch Action and Spy movies because they are much fresher.

• 5 weeks later...

I was SOOOOO scared initially about seeing this movie (because Tom Cruise was in it, and he's just a large [bleeped!]), but when I saw the 1st trailer for it, I knew I'd like it, as soon as I made peace with Tom for being in this movie.

It was a GREAT movie! I would give it a 8.5 (out of 10) and that's a -1 just for Tom being in it, so really it was a 9.5.....ok maybe not, but still a great, high paced, intense, action-fest with good actors all around (except for Tom)

Go see it if you haven't!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really liked MI3. Though there were one or two parts that were rediculous, in terms of how realistic it is.

It was a good action movie, and I like how you thought the story would end with him getting the "rabbits foot", but then he goes after them again.

Definitely worth seeing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...