[Solved] Increased Web Space For Forum Posts ?

Do you require more space?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmm ...

The free TLD for forum posts is awesome guys :) Really really love it :)

I had a little Idea that I'd like to share :) You guys could also offer more & extended web-space for forum posts :) Like for every 100 posts you get a 100 or 200 Mb free web-space. This will increase forum posts ( more advertisement money ) & will help improve support :)

If the servers could handle it, that is a good idea. The only problem with that is that many people will post nonconstructive posts and/or spam just to increase post counts.

"If the servers could handle it, that is a good idea. The only problem with that is that many people will post nonconstructive posts and/or spam just to increase post counts. "

I thought about that ...

Thats why instead of per post web space increment a certain number of post should be set as a limit :) like instead of 1 mb per post, 100 mb per 100 posts should be used :) This will allow the admin's & mod's to ban useless posters & only good guys will remain :)

More posts mean that the forum will grow & Heliohost will make more money :)

The only thing is that we would have to program this into the database and add it in the Mod CP.

Please Please Please Pretty Please Do It :D :D :D

Good idea. Actually i didn't use over 200mb yet. Maybe in future, i need some more space.

Yup .. me 2 :) 250 Mb is hardly enough :(

If you guys need to give extra space cause making more than one account is not allowed & If you have 5 add on domains than 250 Mb is very little ...

Just to point out to all users wanting more space that the TOS still apply, and your web space must be Web Space and not...

- Computer backups

- File storage

- etc...

Anyway, I think it's a great idea! :D

Just to point out to all users wanting more space that the TOS still apply, and your web space must be Web Space and not...

- Computer backups

- File storage

- etc...

lol I know :)

Plus this is something that will be unique to Heliohost :)

No other freeweb host that I've seen offers more web-space per post on forum :D

I think this is a great idea.

- Computer backups

- File storage

- etc...

Very true, although I was under the impression that something like this would have to be capped at a few hundred extra megabytes. That seems like it should give enough extra space for developers to expand a bit and still not go over the cap, but at the same time wouldn't be enough space to promote abusive file storage. ^_^

Yup .. me 2 :) 250 Mb is hardly enough :(

250 Mb is very little ...

People ask for more space quite often, but I've never really understood why. If you don't mind my asking what exactly does everyone do with all their storage space? 250mb is a whole lot if you just have html and php and other text code. It's 500 images if you scale each image to 500k each (which I still think is pretty humongous for online.) It's almost an hour of CD quality streaming audio, and you could even fit some decent streaming videos into that space easily.

I guess maybe my confusion comes from the fact that there are so many better places to host giant files like that, sourceforge, youtube, flickr, etc. I find heliohost amazing because it can host all of my web programs which are just basically text and for me 250mb of text is nearly infinite. By the way, this is all coming from someone who equally doesn't understand why my gmail offers like 8 gigs of storage when I use maybe 10mb of it. However, if heliohost was a remote backup solution I would totally agree that 250mb was next to nothing.

I understand that this might be a fairly personal question, and if you don't wish to disclose what you host on your site feel free to just ignore me. I've just gotten rather curious after reading several hundred requests for more storage space.

People ask for more space quite often, but I've never really understood why. If you don't mind my asking what exactly does everyone do with all their storage space? 250mb is a whole lot if you just have html and php and other text code. It's 500 images if you scale each image to 500k each (which I still think is pretty humongous for online.) It's almost an hour of CD quality streaming audio, and you could even fit some decent streaming videos into that space easily.

I guess maybe my confusion comes from the fact that there are so many better places to host giant files like that, sourceforge, youtube, flickr, etc. I find heliohost amazing because it can host all of my web programs which are just basically text and for me 250mb of text is nearly infinite. By the way, this is all coming from someone who equally doesn't understand why my gmail offers like 8 gigs of storage when I use maybe 10mb of it. However, if heliohost was a remote backup solution I would totally agree that 250mb was next to nothing.

I understand that this might be a fairly personal question, and if you don't wish to disclose what you host on your site feel free to just ignore me. I've just gotten rather curious after reading several hundred requests for more storage space.

I agree that for one website 250 Mb is sufficient. The problem is that Heliohost forbids making more than one account :) I want to host 3 websites on this awesome free web host :) I will be managing them using Wordpress :) The installation & plugin files for one Wordpress website can take 60 Mb. Lets suppose I have 3 websites, 60 x 3 = 180 Mb :) Thats gives me 70 Mb for data storage of three complete websites :)

Plus, hosting your files on sourceforge, youtube, flickr, gives your site an unprofessional look :)

Anyways ... I guess most people feel safe if they have 200 Mb of free space instead of 20 :)

The problem is that Heliohost forbids making more than one account I want to host 3 websites on this awesome free web host

You don't have to; you could just create new addon domains.

Although I agree, more space would be good in this kind of situation.