Dot Free

Dot Free  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dot Free, the folks behind the .cz.cc free "domain", are busy with a project to create the .free extension. A new TLD which will be available to everyone for free (hence the name). This seems like a great idea. A short domain which is less tricky then .tk, even though it looks a bit cheap. The domains aren't online yet, but you can preregister your domain at http://dotfree.com. I am really excited, and have already put back i7grendel.free for myself. What do you think?

I just registered and upgraded to VIP for free so I can register up to 50 more .FREE domains. However, at the bottom it says "VIP account costs are expected to be $4.99/year per 5 additional .FREE domain name."

Do you think this means I will have to pay later? Or do I actually get all these .FREE domains for free since I'm pre-registering?

Awesome :D

I'm booking all the top domains like Hosting.Free :D

Well, it is made by the folks of .cz.cc, and their subdomain service makes money by letting people pay for dictionary-name-domains (like hosting.free). Besides, I would want to have hosting.free be owned by someone who offers free hosting (hence the name), but that's not my call.