[Solved] Manual Backup Master List

Krydos

To reduce the chance of further file loss I will be booting Stevie up and trying to salvage as much data as possible all at once. The more times we boot him and the longer we leave him on the more likely it is for the hard drive to get even more corrupted. This is a list of everything I will attempt to recover during the next boot.

Username Backup
-------- ------
icgit    files/mysql
calebt   /home/calebt/softaculous_backups/*
antonio3 mysql
wikinet  mysql
pinteric /home/pinteric/mail/*
xnyten   files/mysql
mihail   files/mysql
mkgamers files/mysql
stamp    /home/stamp/softaculous_backups/*
parcela  files/mysql
rsprog   psql
flradio  mysql
philip98 psql
gamegoof files/mysql
elswob   files/mysql
tarock   files/mysql
rutaj6   mysql
arty     /home/arty/internalscr and postgresql
adjutant /home/adjutant/tablecat.co.cc/*
pmo      files/psql
thomasho files/mysql
syahdan  files
hippo    /home1/hippo/django & databases & pyenvs & pymodules
syahdan  files
midokaed files/mysql
zimmer   files
iceitsup files (specifically /home/iceitsup/public_html/Dev if easier)
ddatzert mail
foxsemp  mysql
tomk     files/mysql
mariusm9 files
mup      mysql
vholtta  files/mysql
azuzard  files
zephyre  postgresql
sharamke files
gowenrf  files/mysql
sylwiak  files/mysql
infantex files/mysql
peakwest files/mysql
giraffe  mysql
  • Like 1

Actually; quick question: does the Softaculous backup also include the MySQL database holding the WordPress posts on the blog? Those posts are what I wanted. If the backup doesn't include it, then is there some way you could get me that database?

If not, you can save yourself some Stevie uptime and go ahead and remove me from the backup list.

There are two checkboxes in Softaculous that are both checked by default. One is for the database and the other is for the files. Unless you unchecked them then the backup should contain both the files and database.

There are two checkboxes in Softaculous that are both checked by default. One is for the database and the other is for the files. Unless you unchecked them then the backup should contain both the files and database.

Great; thank you so much.

Is there a one-click Softaculous restore feature on Tommy that will allow me to quickly restore my entire site? If so, I think a donation is definitely worth it. You guys work so hard and we appreciate it. Also, when are you guys planning on rebooting Stevie to get the data?

My user name is feeldumb. I cannot log in, I assume my domains were in Stevie. But I do not see my name in the backup list. My email is jwells2054@yahoo.com, but I am uncertain that this was the email I used when I first opened my account on Heliohost. I do not see feeldumb as a user on the master list here. I seem to be having trouble finding out how to get at my backup, if there is one. Also, I am unsure if I should move to Tommy or just wait for Stevie to return, since I have no idea how long it will be before Stevie does return, if ever. At least I believe I already have backups of my data (maybe, if I am lucky). Still, I feel dumb. I cannot determine what url to use to see if I have a backup there, nor can I figure out how to get an account on Tommy. Sorry, please help.

Also, I wonder if my account will be autoremoved, since I am uncertain when the last time I successfully logged in was (perhaps 11/24/2016, but unsure). I hope I am not deleted because I did not log in in 30 days. I tried to log in on 12/19/2016, that is when I learned there was a problem.

My user name is feeldumb. I cannot log in, I assume my domains were in Stevie. But I do not see my name in the backup list. My email is jwells2054@yahoo.com, but I am uncertain that this was the email I used when I first opened my account on Heliohost. I do not see feeldumb as a user on the master list here. I seem to be having trouble finding out how to get at my backup, if there is one. Also, I am unsure if I should move to Tommy or just wait for Stevie to return, since I have no idea how long it will be before Stevie does return, if ever. At least I believe I already have backups of my data (maybe, if I am lucky). Still, I feel dumb. I cannot determine what url to use to see if I have a backup there, nor can I figure out how to get an account on Tommy. Sorry, please help.

Http://heliohost.org/backup/ that email address and username are correct. You should receive an email containing the link to download it.

Also, I wonder if my account will be autoremoved, since I am uncertain when the last time I successfully logged in was (perhaps 11/24/2016, but unsure). I hope I am not deleted because I did not log in in 30 days. I tried to log in on 12/19/2016, that is when I learned there was a problem.

Accounts don't delete themselves on crashed servers.

Can't u mount the HD from another one?

Can't u mount /tmp /opt /root and other folders that write when the os i used in another hd, for powerup the server in a safety "only read sectors mode" on the damaged one?
I use a software-raid solution on my pc, not temporary/user folders on SSD and them on HD, it a simply modification of fstab with a mount of folders in other partitions/drivers then make a shortcut file in the real position that point to the mount one. I successfully load OS from SSD and tmp user opt from HD, optimal for me for not pay big SSD :D

To reduce the chance of further file loss I will be booting Stevie up and trying to salvage as much data as possible all at once. The more times we boot him and the longer we leave him on the more likely it is for the hard drive to get even more corrupted. This is a list of everything I will attempt to recover during the next boot.

The disk is mechanically failed. It's not going corrupt in the sense you're thinking, but rather its physically destroying itself by running, either by dragging the heads on the surface of the disk, or by simply going further and further out of tolerance until it cannot read its platters anymore. Either way, the disk will eventually become completely unusable.

hi... i've followed the instructions listed on http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/26915-hard-drive-failed/

but when i get the link on my e-mail and download it, the backup size is only 45 bytes which is an empty backup.

could you help me with backup of my account on Stevie?

user: syahdan

domain: http://syahdan.heliohost.org/

and could you inform us after the backup is done so we can get the new backup link on https://heliohost.org/backup/ ?

thank you very much

editred: i'm not using any database, only flat file html files... so please do a backup for my public_html folder only (or the directory which can view the content of http://syahdan.heliohost.org/ )

Edited by syahdan

I also received an empty 45 bytes backup file so I would like to be added into the manual list.

Username: tomk
Main domain: ntominator.heliohost.org

If it is possible I would like a backup of my public_html folder and my MySQL databases (I don't remember if I have any InnoDB ones).

Thank you very much!

I also received an empty 45 bytes backup file so I would like to be added into the manual list.

Username: tomk

Main domain: ntominator.heliohost.org

If it is possible I would like a backup of my public_html folder and my MySQL databases (I don't remember if I have any InnoDB ones).

Thank you very much!

Added.