Hard Drive Failed

HelioHost

Download your Stevie backup at https://heliohost.org/backup/

The Heliohost admins can now confirm that the reason Stevie crashed and the reason he won't boot up anymore is because his hard drive has failed. Since Stevie won't boot on his own we had to devise a way to access his failing hardware with the goal of backing up as much user data as we could. A custom backup script was written that scoured Stevie's broken partitions as quickly as possible to save as much data as we could. This script transferred the data off Stevie and compressed it to save space, and you can access your archive with the above link. As always we recommend all of our users take frequent backups of their sites in the rare case that something like this could happen, but we have done everything we can to salvage as much user data as possible. If your file is missing something it is most likely because the hard drive is too corrupted, but if you would like to request an admin try to manually backup some specific data please open a support ticket by posting at http://www.helionet.org/index/forum/45-customer-service/ We recommend using your backup to create a new account on Johnny or Tommy. The Stevie backups will only be available for a limited time as we don't have an infinite amount of space to host them all. We will be replacing Stevie's hard drive and rebuilding him the next time an admin visits California. If you need help with anything just let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very unexpected hardware failure.

• Like 1

Hi. I received the link to backup on my email but when I click on the link I get a 404 not found error.

The same error:

Not Found

The requested URL /stevie/_BcSV3h03ba2goM/parcela.tar.gz was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I clicked link provided in this thread to request backup.

Entered information & Screen responded email sent but, I have not received the follow up email with link to backup.

Are you allowing access to all backups at once or are you making them available a few at a time?

Does the fact that the auto response indicated a backup was available actually mean there is a backup or would I receive the same response when there is no backup?

The requested URL /stevie/_BcSV3h03ba2goM/parcela.tar.gz was not found on this server.

The link to your backup has been PM'd to you, but it looks like the backup is empty so I added you to the manual backup list. See http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/26930-manual-backup-master-list/

Are you allowing access to all backups at once or are you making them available a few at a time?

All the backups are available at the same time.

Does the fact that the auto response indicated a backup was available actually mean there is a backup or would I receive the same response when there is no backup?

Yes, the tool would say backup not found if there wasn't one.

Your backup link has been PM'd to you.

Can you get latest MySQL db dump, please?

Domain: freeliveradio.tk

Username: flradio

P.S. Good luck to get as much as possible from Stevie.

Databases there were recoverable should be included in your backup.

If the dump is included in your backup, but empty or extremely small, the data is probably stored using InnoDB, which is not recoverable.

Can you get latest MySQL db dump, please?

Domain: freeliveradio.tk

Username: flradio

P.S. Good luck to get as much as possible from Stevie.

Databases there were recoverable should be included in your backup.

If the dump is included in your backup, but empty or extremely small, the data is probably stored using InnoDB, which is not recoverable.

It's not the latest dump version, so there aren't all data. By the way, all DB's is stored using MYISAM.

Hello, the backup just has the "public_html" folder, but not any of the files I had stored outside of this. I stored a lot of core PHP files internally. Are these lost, or are they simply not included in the backup archive?

Are PostgreSQL databases included in the backup? I am presuming mine must've been stored as InnoDB or are corrupt if they were to be included.

Also, can I use my original username (arty) to sign up again?

I used a different email address for that account too, should I use that email or this when when signing up again, does it matter?

Hello, the backup just has the "public_html" folder, but not any of the files I had stored outside of this. I stored a lot of core PHP files internally. Are these lost, or are they simply not included in the backup archive?

No the automated script backed up public_html and the contents of the home directory. Let us know if there is a specific file or path or something you need and we can add it to the manual backup list.

Are PostgreSQL databases included in the backup?

No, most people don't use postgresql. If you would like us to try manually backing up a postgresql database let us know which one and we can add it to the manual backup list.

I am presuming mine must've been stored as InnoDB or are corrupt if they were to be included.

Yeah, most likely. We can check if you state a specific database, or we can try to back it up manually when we boot Stevie up next.

Also, can I use my original username (arty) to sign up again?

Someone used that username back in 2008, but since he's never made a single post I cleared it for you.

I used a different email address for that account too, should I use that email or this when when signing up again, does it matter?

You can use whatever email you want. If you want to reuse the email address that you used for Stevie let us know and we can free it up.

No the automated script backed up public_html and the contents of the home directory. Let us know if there is a specific file or path or something you need and we can add it to the manual backup list.

Just the "/internalscr" folder is all that really matters.

No, most people don't use postgresql. If you would like us to try manually backing up a postgresql database let us know which one and we can add it to the manual backup list.

Okay, I can probably rebuild them myself and avoid causing hassle.

Someone used that username back in 2008, but since he's never made a single post I cleared it for you.

Thanks. I haven't really posted at all on the forums, but I've been using Heliohost for years. I grew up learning web development on Stevie, I suppose I took it for granted. Its about time I donate when I get my account set back up, thank you for the many years of good service.